Opportunity type: internship & work experience
Occupational areas: market research & strategy
Job Type: Internship
Salary: £1,000 / month
Required experience: Entry Level / Junior
Required education: Bachelor’s
Term: 3 – 6 months
Reporting to: Regional director – EMEA, McCann Truth Central
Are you insatiably curious about brands and human behavior? McCann Truth Central, the global thought leadership unit of McCann Worldgroup, is looking for a talented, self-starter to join our team and support our mission to become the world’s leading expert in business intelligence and consumer research.
About McCann Truth Central
Truth Central conducts global consumer research and uses those insights to advise some of the best brands on the planet including Coca-Cola, L’Oreal, Nestle, and MasterCard. To date, our studies have been viewed by many thousands of people online and have been featured in numerous leading-edge publications including Forbes, Huffington Post, The Independent, BBC, and TIME magazine. We bring our studies to life in innovative and creative ways including photojournalism, books, documentary film, animation and through social experiments. Our studies have been presented at conferences all over the globe. Truth Central is part of McCann Worldgroup, one of the world’s leading marketing networks.
The Strategy Associate will be a critical member of the Truth Central team, not only assisting with research, but also uncovering consumer insights and helping to formulate recommendations for brands. You will be involved in every step of the research process from fieldwork through to analysis and client workshops.
Ultimately, you will develop the following skillsets:
- Accomplished strategist: Develop best-in-class research and strategy skills by supplying real consumer truths (plus insights and data) to accounts teams and the new business team.
- Relationship builder: build and facilitate relationships with internal groups across McCann EMEA to better understand key roles and functions within a creative agency; be point of contact for McCann new business and growth teams for consumer research and analysis.
- Truth Central coordinator:
Liaise with local teams in markets across Europe to leverage market expertise,
gather qualitative research, and build relationships for future research projects.
- Brand ambassador:
Support Truth Central by contributing to social media, website content, newsletter, and
other external communication outlets.
- Project management master:
Manage projects and multiple work streams to contribute to the production of local, regional, and global thought leadership content and events.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- Has an insatiable appetite for the latest trends in technology, society and an abiding interest in the truths of human behavior
- Enjoys storytelling and has interesting experiences to share
- Has a strong work ethic, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Is a self-motivated individual and able to grow into additional responsibilities
- Has excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Is proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Is tech savvy and familiar with the latest tech platforms (including but not limited to Twitter, Pinterest, Vine, SnapChat, Reddit, etc.)
Bonus points for:
- Writing experience (e.g., blogging, student newspaper)
- Background in psychology, anthropology, or sociology
- Previous work or internship experience in management consulting, marketing strategy, marketing communication, or research; preferred, but not necessary
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign, Keynote, and PM digital tools
- Knowledge of one or more statistical packages like SPSS or SAS
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and a current CV at email@example.com
To learn more about who we are, what we do, and upcoming events, go to: truthcentral.mccann.com.